This page is a repository of resources available to
- Glossary of Explosion terms.
- Shock & Detonation Toolbox
- Image Processing for Cell Size Measurement Instructions and Programs
Databases and data sheets
- The Detonation Database
- Some data on flammability and explosion limits including full pdfs of Bureau of Mines Reports.
- Hydrocarbon fuel properties - enthaplies and vapor pressure
- Gas phase thermodynamic data for performing
equilibrium calculations or supporting kinetics calculations.
- Gas phase chemical kinetics mechanisms, rate constants and thermodynamics in Cantera (.cti) format.
- Mechanism Validation
Report (PDF) Shock tube
data, mechanism validation tests, CJ and ZND computations for H2, C2H4, C3H8.
- Induction time spreadsheet
Shock tube induction time data base in Excel format. Or download as plain
- Detonation Properties spreadsheet
Computed detonation properties in Excel format. Or download as plain
Tutorials and Presentations
- (PDF) "Explosion Effects" - Slides for a tutorial lecture presented at The Fourth European Summer School on Hydrogen Safety Coralia Marina Viva, Corsica, France 7th – 16th September 2009.
- (PDF) "Pushing the Boundaries: From Detonations to Auto-Injectors" - Slides from Midwest Mechanics Lecture Tour, Fall 2017 and Spring 2018.
- (PDF) "Detonation in Gases" - Slides from plenary lecture, International Symposium on Combustion, 2008.
Reports and special projects
Aviation Kerosene and the in-flight breakup of TWA Flight 800
OECD NEA/CSNI/R(2000)7 Report Flame Acceleration and Deflagration
to Detonation Transition in Nuclear Safety
Crisis at Fukushima Daiichi Archive of 2011 talk videos, slides, web links for information on post March 11, 2011 events at F1 nuclear power plant.