Shock & Detonation Toolbox - Linux ZND Compilation
- Make sure that you have downloaded and installed Cantera 1.7 to your machine - Installation Instructions.
- You will need the source code: zndstandard.tar (10/07)
Note: This program has been successfully compiled with gcc version 3.4.6 2006040 (Red Hat 3.4.6-3)
- Find the makefile "build/znd.make"
- Make the necessary corrections to the make file and compile the source as below
- Unpack the tar file using:
tar -xvf zndstandard.tar
- Edit "CANTERA_LIBDIR" and "VPATH" in "build/znd.make" to reflect the path of your cantera installation
- In "build/", make znd:
make -f znd.make
- The executable "znd" and example input file will be in "bin/"
- To run, type ./znd and then enter the input file name and hit return
This program requires an input file which must be in the current directory
The structure of the input file is as follows
- Initial Temperature in Kelvin
- Initial Pressure in Pascals
- Incoming Shock Velocity in Meters/Second
- Comma Separated List of Initial Species Mole Fractions
- i.e. H2:2,O2:1 or h2:2,o2:1
- Note: Case Sensitive: Look at the mechanism file (*.cti or *.xml) for speecies name case.
- Name of the Mechanism File (*.xml) - Do not give (*.cti)
- NOTE: If the xml does not exist, Cantera will look in Cantera/data for the cti file and create the xml.
- Write data to the output files every nth time step
- For no output enter "0" (zero) [or use a very large number]
- For 1, output is written to the screen to show the progress of the calculations
- For 0, the is no screen output
- give a string for the start of the output file names for example 'zndbasic'
- Number of species to include in the output files
- If all species are desired enter "-1"
- If no species are desired enter "0" (zero)
- List of species desired
- List one species per line
- Ignored if "#Species_Number" = -1 or 0